Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Drugged Up

Alright, the epidural is finished and fast acting!

We've got a confirmed 5+ cm dilated (on our way to 10). She has a little push-button that she can use any time the pain rears its unforgiving head. Hopefully she doesn't have to use it too much.

The nurse did say, "I think you've got a pretty big baby in there." Most of us know better, that it's more likely to be a huge head like his dad. Time will tell.

Stacey just suggested that we start taking bets on time of birth.
And despite the number of IV's running into her and the poor lighting, she looks as beautiful as I've ever seen her. That maternal glow is kicking in.

The next update will probably come with the next dilation check.

Bonus: Here are some images related to centimeters.


7 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember feeling like the first 6 or so took forever and the last 4 went by quickly....fingers crossed for that for you guys!

Jamie said...

Hey girl ....we have bets going at work on weight and time make me win I said 7 lbs 10 oz and 7:36 p.m.

Hang in there it won't be long.

Carolyn said...

stacey! you are doing so good! and you are beautiful!!

adam, i find that picture of a jagged rock horrifying when comparing it to a babies head.

i think jack will be born at 9:07pm

Anonymous said...

I think he will be born at 8:45p.m. 8lbs 12oz. I am just guessing that because thats how much I weighed...

Jeff and Steph said...

OK, I'm back on blog watch... good job making progress in my absence!!! Went to the dr. myself... nothing happenin'. I'm having a child with a September birthday- I just know it!

Doin' great!!!

Maddykay said...

oKAY, the rock makes me cross my legs!

Let's go for keegan's weight and time.

8:30pm; 7 lbs 9 onces - I think.

Let's hope that epidural doesn't slow down the labor. uh, don't say that to Stacey...we'll just keep that possibility to ourselves. this is SO much more fun than when we delivered!

kelly dwyer said...

I find the "images related to centimeters" quite funny, especially the graph.

10:07pm
7 lbs 7oz

Is this game like the price is right, where you cant go over?